Monday, June 7, 2010

Comments for Teachers

Synthesizing Education text
Synthesizing Education
"You Covered This Last Year"


Here Is my comment on the first Comment: As a student I have heard the words: “How could you not know this? You should remember that from last year.” I agree that as an educator, teachers must remember that students will always forget things and surely will be out of practice after summer.

"Is 1:1 Done?"

Comment:I am from a very small school where there are maybe 2 computer labs on the whole campus. Even though that our school didn’t have the equipment need for 1:1 interaction, I would bet that 75% of the students at that school had a computer or laptop they could bring to class. I think the parents would jump at the opportunity to get their children these needs for class if it was required. Parents want their children to well in school, and if technology gets more affordable then I think the majority of parents would buy a laptop for their children.


Does Education Deserve An “F” In Social Media?

Comment:I think the post and all the comments make a great point in saying that teachers need to learn why the social media can be effective and useful to the them (teachers) and the students. Soon I think there will be more and more social networks to communicate with and this will mean more ways to find knowledge! If that’s not a reason to teach children how to use these social medias, then I don’t know what to think!

Technology As The New Math

Comment:I know some people really don’t understand math as well as others. I think that many people don’t want to put forth the effort to really understand it. People who say they just don’t understand technology probably don’t want to understand technology. I agree with this post most defiantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment