Monday, June 14, 2010

Blog Post 4

A microphone
First of all I want to say that I really enjoyed listening to all of these podcasts. I think what was most interesting is how the children really want to act out the part that they have because it is something exciting. Before, if they didn't podcast, they would probably think these things were very boring and probably not important.

Now that they can act out a specific part and they look at history, or any other subject, with such a different view. How can this help a student pass a grade and learn? Well, I think that sense they are really much more involved, they will know or retain so much more of the information they receive.

Eagles’ Nest Radio Episode #2: Totally Terrific Time Travel with Explorers

I really like how the students in this podcast express themselves. They have so many things going on with sound effects, dialog, and acting that they are really preparing for so many other things later in life. I like how they are all part of the podcast in some way. I think this is a great way to get the kids involved and want to learn.

I liked that in this podcast they have the vocabulary words in the cast. Man would have loved to have that when I was in elementary school! I really struggled in spelling and vocabulary. I think if I would have been able to listen to the words over and over, I would have had a better experience in that subject.

Episode 1a: Eagles’ Nest Radio: A Shark-tastic Interview

This is a very cool podcast where the students are interviewing a shark guy who dives with sharks and knows many things about them. I think that the children really like when they get close to something they are learning about. Even though they are not actually seeing a live shark, they are talking to someone who has been there, and I think that interests them.

Again, this is a great way to get the children involved in the subject and get them thinking about what they are learning. I like that the teach lets one of the students do the interview and the class had lots of questions. Normally, children would read about this in a book and not really want to know more about the sharks. Now they are excited, asking questions, and you hear them yelling "Wow!".

Practical Principals 23 – #EduconEnvy, Ten Things, and the iPad

This podcast shows us how cool podcast can be. I like that they start off with music and all of the introduction stuff. This is also really cool because she is not even there! She is using Skpye to talk to him and do a podcast at the same time.I really think that this could be the part of technology that I uses to comunicate with the parents of my class.

I could set up a podcast that is like a review of what will be going on in the class that week. Therefore, the parents wouldn't have to wonder what their children are doing in class! I really think the parents would really enjoy know what their children are doing every week.

It’s Not About the Tools. It’s About the Skills

I like this post because it explains from a teacher's point-of-view on how a podcast helps students learn and why they choose to use podcasts. The teacher goes on to talk about the different tools in using the podcast and explains that the children are not just learning to use podcast and other tools, they are learning the regular subjects also.

Another cool thing is that toward the bottom of the post there are pictures of the different things that the children use in the classroom. Around the pictures there are the different skills that each tool helps and I encourage everyone to look at those! It's really cool to see the different things that each tool helps the child to learn and practice. My favorite one is probably the podcasting skills because I can find a few skills that I would have loved to have developed when I was in grammar school.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!!
    I really enjoyed your post. I liked your insights on the material. It is always nice to see a different perspective. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I could set up a podcast that is like a review of what will be going on in the class that week..." Do it!

    I have a feeling you will be a podcasting teacher. Great!

    ReplyDelete