Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blog post 8

Learn


What I've Learned This Year

I found this post to be so interesting and so helpful and I haven't even taught a class yet. I love how this is a post on Mr. McClung's first year. I think I will learn so much in my first year too. I think the key to his success is a picture at the top of this post. The picture says:"An important decision I made this year is stay positive." I have been told by so many people that I look up to that staying positive is very important in keeping your focus on the task at hand. I know it is easier said than done, but I truly believe that a positive attitude is really important when you are teaching a class that is full of children who look up to you.

One thing that he highlights that I feel like I should work on is being flexible. I totally see what he means when he talks about how he wants things to be a certain way. Even taking this class has made me realize how one tiny thing can change everything I want to do. I really do want things to go one way but I understand that being flexible is very important in the classroom.

Never stop learning! I really think this is the most important thing that a teacher can do when he or she is teaching any grade level. How can we be expected to be a good teacher if we don't learn new things about what we should know? In this class I have learned that things are changing so fast that we must stay on track to keep up with everything. I think everyone should read this post and try to follow this advice. I know that it is a great reminder to me so I can be a better teacher.

1 comment:

  1. If you do these three things - have a positive approach; understand that change is omnipresent and that you must constantly change; and that learning never ends - you you be a fine educational guide. I am trying to wean myself from the word teacher since the teacher must be replaced by the guide or the coach or the connected educational supporter. Whaever.

    ReplyDelete